Monday 21 September 2009

Perry upset over Aerosmith tour

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry has spoken of his frustration at the cancellation of the band's tour after Steven Tyler fell off stage last month.

Last month, the group announced they were sidelining the rest of their North American tour, due to finish on 16 September, because of Tyler's injuries.

The singer, 61, broke his left shoulder in Sturgis, South Dakota, on 5 August.

Perry said he had not spoken to Tyler for five weeks. "I don't know what's going on with him," he said.

All Aerosmith Tickets are available on The Online Ticket Shop.


The Sturgis concert where Tyler sustained his injury had already been delayed by heavy thunderstorms.

The rest of the tour was cancelled after doctors told him he needed time to recuperate from his fall.


I hear he's getting better but I don't really know what's going on with him

Joe Perry on Steven Tyler
Perry told the Associated Press news agency he was upset by the cancellation because "the tour was building up to a great tour".

He added: "Right before that, he had pulled a muscle in his leg.

"And we had to take two weeks off and we missed probably seven dates."

He said: "I hear he's getting better but I don't really know what's going on with him."

But, despite hinting at differences within Aerosmith, Perry said he was there was "still life left in the old band".

"All I know is he [Tyler] has got to get his act together.

"I mean he and I haven't written a song together alone in the same room in over 10 years so there's been some changes in paradigm of what Aerosmith is."

A representative of the band was not available for comment.

Speaking after the accident, the singer said he was doing "the Tyler shuffle" when he slipped and fell.

"I'm plain grateful that I didn't break my neck," he added.


Aerosmith Tickets are on sale now at OnlineTicketShop

No comments:

Post a Comment